Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Iverson to Return...Sort Of


Jim Iverson Will Return... Sort Of
by
Steve Ratchett
1/30/2009

Taking time to take in the ISF Technical Working Group's annual meeting, Jim Iverson revealed that a return to ISF racing in some capacity is in the cards for the future.

"There are a lot of things on my plate at this moment, however in another year or so after I have settled into my new home, I can see coming to a race every few weeks."

Iverson hopes to complete his move to Manitowoc in 2009.

Is a new track in the works?

"I don't think there would be a new track. I can't see ISF drivers coming north 90 minutes for a race."

"You might be surprised about that," fellow driver and meeting spectator Everet Kamikawa.

Iverson also revealed that his son, and former ISF driver, Jesse has joined the navy.

"I think I can speak for all the drivers when I say 'good luck Jesse and thanks for defending our country!"

Update 2014:
Jim is comfortably enjoying retirement in Manitowoc.
There isn't a new track, however he has made a couple of appearances at ISF events since retiring.
He has sailed the world.
He is in contact with fellow drivers and is still revered in the ISF community.
Steve